Docs and healthcare workers are stampeding to the fire exits of medicine.
We all know that what we are running away from
lack of control,
But where are they going?
Where are YOU running toward?
You can’t arrive anywhere if you don’t know what it looks like.
Or feels like.
More than anything, we want to escape a job we dread.
But to truly succeed, we need to know where we go next.
It has been a long time, more than decades for some, since we have asked these vital questions that we must consider.
BOOMM ACTION STEP
Find a quiet, safe place that is different from your daily routine.
Somewhere you can dream.
Some place you can see with the eyes of a child.
That is you.
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
- What lights you up?
- What do you want to learn?
- What excites you?
- When have you felt the greatest sense of joy, inspiration and motivation?
- Why are you alive?
- What is your dream?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- If you had a secret calling, what is it?
- If you could pursue anything and be guaranteed success, what would you do?
The answers to these questions
should become your North Star.
You can use them as your compass to set a vision for your future.
This is the start of your creating new goals to accomplish.
This is where change begins.
That is how you break out of your medical mindset.